Sofort Casinos is truly the best of German engineering: the Sofort is easy to use and reliable. No wonder Sofort is one of the most popular banking methods in online casinos and online sites alike.
Whether you want to top up your account with real money to play your favorite slot machines or withdraw your winnings; Sofort provides a secure, real-time payment solution for all EU casino players.
As an intermediary between your bank and the online casino where you play, you can rest assured that your bank details are safe. You can follow the instructions on Sofort’s website to set up an account in a few simple steps; from then on, you are free to use Sofort for all your online needs.
Sofort Online Casinos Story
The company’s previous name was Sofort Überweisung, which means “Sofort Banking Company”, and was founded in Germany in 2005. The original name was Payment Network but later it was changed to Sofort AG in 2012.
The company is hugely successful in its field and now has partnerships with around 25,000 online retailers. Sofort’s monthly transaction volume exceeds 2 million payments.
Thanks to American investors, the company was able to go global. Investors saw its potential and decided to put money in. So, sooner or later it will become one of the top 100 tech companies and one of Sweden’s five unicorns.
How to Deposit at Sofort Casino Sites
Firstly, on the cashier page of the casino of your choice, select Sofort when you select a payment option. After clicking this option, you will have to select the bank where you have an account and use it to pay.
Then, you will continue to the bank’s website which you should be familiar with. Now, you will need to enter the deposit amount you wish to transfer and then provide your online banking information. After entering all of these, you will be asked for a transaction authorization number. Afterward, the amount will appear in your casino account and you can start playing.
Withdrawing at Sofort Casinos
Traditionally, Sofort is not available for withdrawals. At first, its original purpose was to facilitate payments between consumers and merchants, and these were only one-way. However, as Sofort has become more common in the online casino industry, with dozens of major Sofort casinos operating across northern Europe, it is now widely used as a withdrawal method. The process is almost the same, however, this time the casino gives you the money. Usually, the money should arrive in your account within a few minutes, but in some cases, you may have to wait longer. If Sofort is not among the withdrawal options, just look for other bank transfer services that can give you the same benefits, including Trustly, GiroPay, and iDEAL; all three focused on the Nordic countries.
Sofort Casinos Limits and Fees
Sofort itself has no built-in limitations. However, there might be some restrictions by casinos and banks. In the former case, the deposit limit is rather vague, and if you’re a high roller, they’ll probably be more than happy to raise it. Many modern online casinos are very strict when it comes to withdrawals, usually limiting it to between $5,000 and $10,000 per month. Therefore, please pay close attention to these restrictions before you log out. The same goes for fees – Sofort doesn’t charge them, but your bank or casino might do. When fees apply, they are usually associated with withdrawals, as casinos like to encourage deposits more than withdrawals.
Advantages of Sofort Casinos
Sofort has several advantages that make it the favorite payment method in Germany and a popular banking method in other countries:
- No registration required: You can use Sofort without registration. Simply select Sofort as your preferred payment method and enter your details in the form. Since you don’t have to register on the site, you can also avoid creating a new password.
- Fast transfers: Normal transfers can take a few days. Often, merchants or casinos will accept instant payments and credit your balance within minutes. Fast transfers mean you can keep playing with minimal disruption.
- Anonymity: Sofort payment method does not share your banking details with the casino. Just enter your name and payment reference in the appropriate fields of the form. Sofort does not save your bank details and does not pass them on to third parties. In this way, Sofort increases your security as your data cannot be stolen in the event of a data breach.
- Free: The Sofort payment method is free for users. Check with the casino and your bank to make sure they don’t charge extra for using Sofort. Sofort charges online gaming operators a small fee per transaction.
Disadvantages of Sofort Online Casinos
All payment methods have some cons. Knowing them will help you decide if Sofort is right for your needs or not.
- Online banking: Only people with an existing online banking profile can use Sofort. If you don’t have an existing online banking facility, you need to try a different payment method.
- No currency conversion: Sofort is only available in EUR, CHF and GBP. You can’t use Sofort to convert currency.
- Two sites: Sofort pays the casino once they confirm your transaction, and you pay Sofort via your online banking. You have to log in to your online banking to complete the transaction with Sofort.
FAQ about Sofort Online Casinos
What is Sofort?
Sofort is a payment processing method developed in Germany. The company is now part of the Klarna Group and operates in many other countries in Western and Central Europe.
Is Sofort free to use to gamble?
Sofort does not charge its players any game fees. This is a very good way of depositing money.
Which countries accept Sofort?
Germany, Austria, Belgium, France, Slovakia, Switzerland, the Czech Republic, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, Hungary, and Poland accept Sofort.
Can I use Sofort in mobile casinos?
You can use Sofort at your mobile casino if your mobile browser supports your online banking or transfers using your desktop computer.
Is Sofort safe to use for casino sites?
Yes, it is safe to use Sofort on casino sites. The Sofort website is secure and none of your banking information is stored or shared. Online gambling sites will never see your bank details.