Skrill Online Casinos 2021 – In the online gambling industry, there are few payment methods as well-known and widely used as Skrill. That being said, this e-wallet (previously known as Moneybookers) has long been established as a fast, convenient and secure method for transferring money between online casinos. Fortunately, you no longer need to search for information about it and find the best Skrill online casinos where you can play, they are right below!
The e-wallet was originally created in the United Kingdom in 2001 under the name “Moneybookers” and was renamed Skrill a few years ago. Fundamentally speaking, e-wallets provide the same services as Moneybookers, but better! As a currency service business, Skrill provides customers with a wide range of financial services through the Internet. Probably due to its security, Skrill is no stranger to the online casino world and has proven to be one of the most favorable payment methods customers use to transfer funds.
In 2007, the brand was sold to Investcorp Technology Partners. Since then, Moneybookers has begun to actively expand and attract a customer base of 25 million individuals and 150,000 companies by 2011, including online casinos, e-commerce sites and popular trading platforms. A year ago, it was named the fastest growing company in the UK. Since then, the company announced a name change and entered the market under the new name Skrill.
In February 2013, Skrill purchased Paysafecard, a service that allows consumers to purchase prepaid vouchers and then use them to purchase goods and services online.
In March 2015, Optimal Payments, the parent company of Skrill’s rival Neteller, acquired the Skrill Group for 1.1 billion euros. The acquisition was completed in the third quarter of 2015. Later that same year, Skrill acquired Ukash, a former competitor of Paysafecard, which had previously merged with the service.
Skrill is known as one of the most crypto-friendly services. Crypto exchanges usually use it as one of their deposit methods, and the company built its own crypto gateway for people who want to buy cryptocurrency and are interested in it in 2018.
Skrill Online Casinos pros and cons as a payment method
- Multi-layered security. With e-wallets, you will never share bank details with online casinos. Skrill adds another layer of security to your transactions: it is SSL encrypted and only requires your wallet number to make payments.
- Very competitive deposit fees. Compared to Neteller and many other wallets, you spend less money to deposit it in Skrill.
- Quick recharge and withdrawal. This applies both to internal operations and to transfers of funds to and from the Skrill online casino. If we compare with credit card transactions, Skrill can pay your account within 24 hours at most, while with credit card transactions, you can wait for a few days of winnings.
- Widely acceptance. Skrill is available in more than 100 countries/regions and accepts more than 40 currencies, not to mention several cryptocurrencies.
Even though the advantages of choosing Skrill for your first casino deposit may seem attractive, you must first consider some disadvantages:
- Still not as widely accepted as credit/debit cards. Visa and Mastercard remain the most widely used payment methods in online casinos. Random casinos you find online are extremely unlikely but will not accept Skrill.
- High withdrawal fees for credit/debit cards. To withdraw funds from Skrill to your credit card, you have to pay a 7.5% fee, which is very high. Don’t confuse this with Skrill Casino deposits and withdrawals-these are free.
How to use Skrill in online casinos
Just like other electronic wallets, Skrill is simple to use. To pay with Skrill at an online casino, you must follow these simple steps:
- Enter your email address and the required personal details to register for Skrill. Specify your country and preferred currency.
- Skrill will send you a verification email. Check your inbox and click the link to verify your Skrill account.
- Add your deposit method to deposit funds into your Skrill account.
- Register in the appropriate Skrill online casino and choose Skrill as your deposit method.
- Choose the correct amount and top up your casino account in Skrill.
- If the casino you choose offers bonuses to players who make deposits in Skrill, then you should be able to take this opportunity to get some extra money to play.
The withdrawal process is very similar. You must request a withdrawal on the corresponding page, and then choose Skrill as your casino withdrawal method.
Skrill Online Casino Transfer Times
One of the reasons Skrill is so popular with online gamblers is that funds are usually available almost immediately. After you deposit funds, your funds will usually appear in your Skrill online casino account very quickly within minutes or hours.
On the other hand, withdrawals usually take a few hours to a day. Therefore, you don’t need to wait a long time to deposit bonuses from online casinos into your account. You can find Skrill listed as a transaction method in most of the best online casinos for payment.
Summary Skrill Online Casino
Obviously, Skrill is one of the main payment methods we use for real money online gambling. It may not be perfect-at least depending on where you live-but the features it provides are hard to beat. Especially when you consider that Skrill has tailored its services for online gamblers. These are the five main reasons we play games at Skrill online casino, as well as several reasons for choosing other options.