Table of contents
- Best Alberta Sports Betting Sites
- Top Alberta Sportsbook Sites
- How we rate Alberta Sportsbooks
- How to start betting in Alberta
- Alberta Sports Betting Legal Updates
- Single Game Betting in Alberta
- Who can bet on sports in Alberta?
- Is sports betting legal in Alberta?
- Best Sportsbooks in Alberta
- What Are The Best Sports To Bet On In Alberta?
- Online Casinos in Alberta
- Alberta Mobile Sports Betting Apps
- What is Sports Select Proline Alberta Betting?
- Alberta Sports Betting FAQs
Alberta Sports Betting is legalized now, and it is now available through various online platforms and physical locations such as casinos and race tracks. The Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis (AGLC) is responsible for regulating and overseeing sports betting in the province.
To participate in sports betting in Alberta, individuals must be at least 18 years of age and physically located within the province. There are various types of sports betting available including single-event betting, point spread betting, over/under betting, and more.
Individuals can place bets on a variety of sports including football, basketball, hockey, baseball, soccer, and more. Betting options can include the outcome of a game, individual player performances, and various other statistics.
Best Alberta Sports Betting Sites
Online sports betting has been all the rage around the world for decades, and with the passing of Bill C-218 in Alberta, sports betting just got easier. Before the bill was introduced, legal sports betting in Alberta, Canada, had to go through Sport Select, a product of the Western Canada Lottery Corporation. However, it only offers parlay and buy-in programs using local retailers.
Now, for the first time ever, Canadians in Alberta can bet on a single game online through licensed sportsbooks and casinos with the new bill. That’s why we’ve decided to list the 10 best sports betting sites that people in Alberta can visit right now and place their own sportsbook bets. We provide reviews and guides for each of the sites below, and we recommend checking them out before moving on to your favorite platform.
Top Alberta Sportsbook Sites
TonyBet Sportsbook is now available to sports bettors in Alberta. This online betting site offers a premium betting platform with over 40 sports to bet on and an excellent live betting format.
Sportsbooks can access TonyBet odds on mobile or desktop, allowing you to book sporting events almost anywhere in Ontario. It offers a clean interface with a variety of betting options.
TonyBet review covers all aspects of sports betting, including customer support, odds, and the sports betting app.
TonyBet Sportsbook Alberta: Pros and Cons
- Competitive betting odds
- An abundance of markets and bet types available, including strong live betting option
- Fast payouts in under one day
- TonyBet offers numerous banking options
- Customer support by phone is not available now
This online sportsbook offers competitive odds compared to the sportsbook industry. We found that the 20Bet soccer market has the best odds. Meanwhile, basketball, hockey and American football odds, such as NFL odds, are more inline to industry standards.
20Bet Sportsbook may offer deposit bonuses in the form of free bets. You may not even need a promo code for the 20Bet welcome bonus. Instead, all you have to do is choose which offers you want displayed when you sign up and deposit.
20Bet Sportsbook Alberta: Pros and Cons
- Good variety of betting markets
- Unique forecast betting and Hall of Fame
- Good customer support offering
- No live streaming
What We Like About 20bet Alberta Sportsbook
20Bet Sportsbook offers some of the most unique features in the industry. The three most attractive aspects of this betting site are:
- Hall of Fame: This always shows the biggest win in 20Bet history
- Live betting: The 20Bet live betting section offers thousands of opportunities every day. Select your desired market and a list of available live betting options will appear. More popular sports usually offer more live betting.
20Bet Sportsbook currently hosts weekly games/tournaments. All you have to do is place your bets to compete in these leaderboard matches. Depending on how much you bet, you can earn points for the Gold, Silver or Bronze leaderboards. Both single and multi bets count toward this promotion.
What We Like About TonyBet Alberta Sportsbook
- Combo bets: What we like is the fast combo bets. This feature is available for most sports, it allows you to create an interesting and fun wager. This is also nice if you don’t have time to string together your own parlays.
- Live betting at TonyBet Online Sportsbook in Alberta is available by clicking on the link at the top of the screen. From there you can use the navigation menu to search for sports. Odds shown in red indicate they are about to disappear, so make your selection quickly. The live betting screen moves your bet slips to the right of the page, which means you should be able to add bets quickly.
- Futures bets is available on the sportsbook home page. Find these by selecting your league and then selecting “Overall”. You may find some options here for league and player award winners.
How we rate Alberta Sportsbooks
There are several factors to consider when rating Alberta sportsbooks, including:
- Reputation: We consider the reputation of the sportsbook, including their history, customer feedback, and any notable issues or complaints.
- Licensing and Regulation: We look for sportsbooks that are licensed and regulated by reputable authorities, such as the Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Commission (AGLC) or other recognized governing bodies.
- User Experience: We evaluate the user experience, including the ease of use of the website or mobile app, the variety of betting options, and the quality of customer service.
- Betting Options: We assess the variety and quality of betting options offered by the sportsbook, including the availability of live betting, prop bets, and other features.
- Bonuses and Promotions: We look for sportsbooks that offer attractive bonuses and promotions to new and existing customers, including welcome bonuses, free bets, and other incentives.
- Payment Options: We evaluate the variety and quality of payment options offered by the sportsbook, including the availability of popular methods like credit cards, e-wallets, and bank transfers.
- Security and Privacy: We ensure that the sportsbook offers secure and reliable banking options and takes appropriate measures to protect the privacy and security of customer information.
By considering these factors, we can provide an objective and comprehensive rating of Alberta sportsbooks.
How to start betting in Alberta
To start betting in Alberta, there are a few steps you can follow:
- Choose a sports betting platform: There are various online sports betting platforms available in Alberta, such as Sports Interaction, TonyBet, 20Bet and 22Bet. You can compare the features, bonuses, and betting options offered by each platform to determine which one suits you the best.
- Register and create an account: Once you have chosen a platform, you will need to register and create an account. This typically involves providing your personal information, such as your name, date of birth, and email address.
- Deposit funds: To place bets, you will need to deposit funds into your account. Most sports betting platforms offer various payment options, such as credit cards, e-wallets, and bank transfers.
- Place your bets: After you have deposited funds into your account, you can start placing bets on the sports and events of your choice. You can choose from various betting options, such as point spreads, over/under, and moneyline bets.
- Withdraw your winnings: If you win a bet, you can withdraw your winnings from your account. Most sports betting platforms offer various withdrawal options, such as e-wallets, bank transfers, and checks.
Alberta Sports Betting Legal Updates
As of September 2021, single-event sports betting is now legal in Alberta, Canada, following the passing of Bill C-218. This means that individuals can now place bets on the outcome of a single sports event, rather than having to combine multiple events into a parlay bet.
This change in the law is expected to have a significant impact on the sports betting industry in Alberta, with the potential to generate millions of dollars in revenue for the province. It also provides an opportunity for legitimate, regulated sports betting operators to enter the market, providing a safer and more secure environment for sports bettors.
The Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis (AGLC) is responsible for regulating sports betting in the province and has already issued several licenses to online sports betting operators. The AGLC has also developed a framework to ensure the integrity of sports and protect consumers from fraudulent or unethical practices.
Single Game Betting in Alberta
Even though online gambling has been around for decades at this point, it is still new to most Canadians living in the region due to Alberta’s strict laws. Because of this, it’s important for them to choose a good, easy-to-use platform like the ones mentioned above where they can make predictions on game lines, player and game support, and futures without having to do it in their Added new selection slips in betting.
To make things clearer, we’re going to break down some of the more common single event betting options. For example:
Money Line Betting
First on this list is money line betting, the easiest way to bet on any game. This type of betting allows you to bet on the final outcome of a sporting event. This is the easiest way to win and the easiest way to win as you don’t need to win by a specific score for your bet to succeed. In other words, like in soccer, you don’t need to guess the exact number of goals each team will score, only the final score. If you can predict which team will win, that’s enough to win some money.
It is best for sports bettors who don’t want to predict the outcome of the game. With this type of betting, all they have to do is predict whether a game will be over or under scored, and they do this by betting on total points.
It’s also a fairly easy way to bet as you just have to guess whether a game will be under or over the predicted score. The number of points includes the total points scored by both teams.
Point spread betting
Point spread betting, where the team needs to win the game with a certain advantage. This means guessing what each team will score in the game, and while it’s much harder, it’s also more profitable if you’re successful. This type of betting can also make it easier for bettors by balancing the odds and making it profitable to bet on both sides of the match.
In these cases, oddsmakers indicate the favorite with a minus sign (-) and a plus sign (+) for the loser. The symbol is followed by the number of points the team must lose or win for the bet to win.
Parlay bets is a bet in which the bettor places more than one selection on the same slip. As a result, they can get bigger payouts. This increases the overall risk, but also the reward, since everything is accepted as a single bet. However, all selections on the lottery must be correct to win. If there is only one miss, bets will be considered lost. Of course, this isn’t for everyone, as the risks are enormous. But people still choose to do it because they are rewarded equally handsomely for doing it right.
Futures Betting, which allows players to place speculative bets on anything from a Gray Cup winner to an NBA MVP award. These are long-term bets on events that will occur in the future, such as who will be the overall champion of the game, division champions in each sport, odds on player props throughout the season, and more.
Another option for Alberta bettors when betting on a single event is prop betting. Essentially, this allows them to benefit from the performance of individual players playing the game. At the same time, their tasks can become more specific. Prop bets are bets that are not directly related to the outcome of the game but are related to individual events during the game, eg: B. Guessing that a certain player will score a goal etc.
Who can bet on sports in Alberta?
Legal online Alberta sports betting is available to those over the age of 18 and residents of Alberta. Bets can be placed online from your mobile phone or computer, or in person at any retailer that accepts Sport Select bets.
Alberta sports betting is open to all people over 18 years old, some of the offshore sportsbooks require minimum age of 19 years.
Mobile Sports Betting
Alberta sports bettors looking to place their bets on the go can use Canada’s best sports betting app from anywhere.
Is sports betting legal in Alberta?
Yes, sports betting is legal in Alberta. Online single game bets may be submitted to PlayAlberta.ca. Alternatively, Albert sports bettors can place in-person bets at participating retail locations through Sport Select, a Western Canada Lottery Corporation (WCLC) product.
From 1 November 2021, single-game betting and live betting is available.
Sportsbooks Offer Best Alberta Gambling Products
When comparing online promotions with the options offered by Western Canada Lottery Corporation, the difference is stark. While players must be of legal age to play, an email address, bank account, and the ability to transfer funds online is all that is required to play this action-packed online sportsbook.
There are subtle differences in how lottery kiosks and online providers pay. No need to whip out a credit or debit card for every bet – online gamblers have access to Canada’s best payment methods. Fund your account quickly and securely in just a few simple steps.
The debate between the Alberta Sports Lottery and online betting gets pretty twisted when comparing the options offered by both sides. The list of online sports betting odds, including futures and exotic options, far exceeds anything an Albertan can find on a WCLC card. Additionally, many games are available for betting with LIVE in-game odds.
Best Sportsbooks in Alberta
Knowing the main differences between Canadian provincial sports lotteries and online betting sites, let’s take a look at the heart of online betting. With access to poker rooms and casinos, as well as limited live horse racing, online sports betting is where Albertans find the best value in betting online.
On sports’ busiest day, like mid-September, when the NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL are all underway, Albertans can find Pro Select awards for about 80 different games. Playlists are released approximately 12 hours before the next day’s game, and unlike online sportsbooks, playlists do not move once they are published. Alberta Sports betting market is huge, and you will be able to find pretty much everything you need in Top Alberta Sports Betting sites.
What Are The Best Sports To Bet On In Alberta?
With the legalization of sports betting in Alberta, bettors can now participate in a variety of sports. According to the ALGC, the general revenue fund generated more than $773 million in net gaming revenue in 2020-2021 to support day-to-day programs and services for residents of the province. With online gambling now being more freely accessible, that number is likely to skyrocket in the near future.
What sport is best to bet on, there really is no easy answer as it all depends on the weather and his favorite sport. Baseball, basketball, football, American football, and hockey are the most popular, and therefore probably the best choices.
Canada has only one NBA team and that is the Toronto Raptors. However, basketball is still very popular in the country and there are many good betting opportunities such as NCAA Basketball, March Madness and international basketball leagues such as Euroleague. With single event betting now legal, there is nothing stopping Alberta players from playing in the games or leagues to which they are entitled.
Baseball is probably one of the hottest sports of the summer and gets all the attention when other sports are off season. It’s also one of the most lucrative sports because professional athletes have the longest regular season. Most fans will of course bet on Major League Baseball, but there are other options such as B. Minor League Baseball, International Baseball, College Baseball, and more.
Football is one of the largest and most popular sports in the world. Possibly even the largest, which includes Canada’s west coast. The country has three Major League Soccer teams, while Alberta has only one – Edmonton FC. There are also some of the world’s biggest football leagues to bet on, including the Premier League, Serie A, La Liga and Bundesliga.
Canada’s national hockey game. Since the country is a world hockey haven, it’s filled with great teams, and Alberta itself is home to two teams — the Calgary Flames and the Edmonton Oilers. The province also provides us with some world-renowned hockey talents, all of which make hockey such a popular sport to watch and bet on.
Canadian Football League Betting
Three-down football which is born in Canada is covered extensively by top-ranked online sports betting sites in Alberta. Amazing CFL betting in Alberta odds are offered all year. This includes priced 81 regular-season games and playoff battles, in addition to them the Grey Cup Championship match.
NFL and NCAA Football Betting
Online bookmakers have stepped up their game when they publish NFL and college football odds. While WCLC offers some options, Alberta sportsbooks cover every NFL and NCAAF game. Props and exotic options take center stage at the Super Bowl every February.
NCAA Basketball and NBA Betting
Betting on Toronto to win the 2019 NBA Finals or Virginia to win NCAAB March Madness? Unless they have two more games to complete a three-team parlay ticket – Alberta Sports Select bettors are out of luck.
Online Casinos in Alberta
When it comes to betting outside of sports, many of the best online bookmakers also offer full casino gaming. Canada has a variety of online casino gambling sites for players to choose from.
Alberta Mobile Sports Betting Apps
Best Alberta sports betting sites will provide sports betting apps or at least fully compatible and optimized mobile version for Alberta bettors. Canada Sports betting fans should be able to bet on their favorite team at any moment. No matter if you bet online from your desktop or mobile, if you like to single game betting, what type of betting markets you prefer to bet, any good sports betting sites should give you the opportunity to enjoy the passion of betting no matter where you are.
What is Sports Select Proline Alberta Betting?
Sports Select Proline is a form of sports betting offered by the Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Commission (AGLC) in Alberta, Canada. Proline allows players to place bets on a variety of sports, including football, basketball, hockey, and baseball.
In Proline betting, players select a minimum of three outcomes on a single ticket and must correctly predict the outcome of all the games to win. The more games you select, the higher the potential payout, but the more difficult it becomes to win.
Proline betting also includes point spread betting, where players can bet on a team to win by a certain margin of points or more. This can increase the potential payout but also increases the difficulty of winning the bet.
One unique feature of Proline betting is that it is only available at retail locations, such as convenience stores and gas stations, and not available for online betting. This means that players must physically visit a retail location to place their bets.
Overall, Proline betting can be a fun and exciting way to engage with sports bets and potentially win some money. However, as with any form of gambling, it’s important to gamble responsibly and never bet with money that you can’t afford to lose.
What Bets are Available on the Proline Alberta Game List?
The Proline Sports betting in Alberta game list typically includes a variety of sports online and betting options, including:
- Moneyline bets: Picking which team will win the game outright.
- Point spread bets: Betting on a team to win by a certain margin of points or more.
- Over/under bets: Betting on the total number of points scored in a game.
- Parlay betting: Combining multiple bets into a single ticket for a higher potential payout.
- Pro Picks: A type of parlay bet where players select a pre-determined set of games and must correctly predict the outcome of all games on the ticket to win.
The specific games and betting options available on the Proline Alberta game list may vary depending on the season and sporting events occurring at the time. It’s always a good idea to check the Proline website or visit a retail location to see the current game list and available betting options.
Alberta Sports Betting FAQs
1. Is betting legal in Alberta?
Yes, betting is legal in Alberta. The Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Commission (AGLC) regulates all forms of gambling in the province, including sports betting, casino games, and lottery games.
There are several options for legal sports betting in Alberta, including online sportsbooks and retail sports betting at licensed locations. The AGLC also operates its own sports betting platform called Proline, which allows players to place bets on a variety of sports and events.
2. Is Mobile betting available in Alberta?
Yes, mobile betting is available in Alberta. Many online sportsbooks offer mobile sports betting platforms that allow users to place bets on their smartphones or tablets. This means that you can place bets on your favorite sports and events from anywhere in Alberta with an internet connection.
3. Which sports are most popular in Alberta?
Alberta is a province in western Canada with a diverse sports culture. Some of the most popular sports in Alberta include:
- Ice Hockey: Ice hockey is extremely popular in Alberta, with the Calgary Flames and the Edmonton Oilers being two of the most well-known teams in the National Hockey League (NHL).
- Football: Football, particularly Canadian football, is also popular in Alberta, with the Calgary Stampeders and Edmonton Eskimos being two of the most popular teams in the Canadian Football League (CFL).
- Soccer: Soccer, or football as it is known in many parts of the world, is growing in popularity in Alberta, with the Calgary Foothills FC and FC Edmonton being two of the most prominent teams.
- Baseball: Baseball is also popular in Alberta, with the Edmonton Prospects and Okotoks Dawgs being two of the most well-known teams in the Western Canadian Baseball League (WCBL).
- Basketball: Basketball is also gaining popularity in Alberta, with the Edmonton Stingers being the first professional basketball team in the province, playing in the Canadian Elite Basketball League (CEBL).
Other popular sports in Alberta include golf, curling, lacrosse, and rodeo.
4. Which banking method is best for depositing online?
The best banking method for depositing online in Alberta can vary depending on your personal preferences and the online sportsbook you are using. However, some popular banking methods for online sports betting in Alberta include:
- Credit or Debit Cards: Most online sportsbooks accept credit or debit cards like Visa, MasterCard, and American Express for deposits. These transactions are typically processed quickly and securely.
- Interac: Interac e-Transfer is a popular Canadian online banking method that allows you to transfer funds directly from your bank account to the sportsbook. Many online sportsbooks in Alberta accept Interac transfers for deposits.
- E-wallets: E-wallets like PayPal, Neteller, and Skrill are also popular deposit methods for online sports betting. These services allow you to transfer funds from your bank account to your e-wallet and then use those funds to make deposits at the sportsbook.
- Prepaid Cards: Prepaid cards like Paysafecard are another popular deposit method for online sports betting in Alberta. These cards can be purchased at retail locations and then used to make deposits at the sportsbook without the need for a bank account or credit card.
- Cryptocurrencies: For the most part, Bitcoin offers the best deposit rates, and there are regular promotions for Bitcoin users.